Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Write/Query Process

I want the chance to dream. To think back to those days where I was innocent about the realities of the literary world. Where we all imagined the process was like this:



We edit. Get feedback. Edit, edit, edit. And sometimes all we want to do this:




But we survive. We've got a shiny manuscript to share with the world. Then comes the query. And all we want to do is this:





And then the day comes when we finish. The query is sent, the email refreshed and we feel like this:





And my point? Writing is hard. It's a cookie eating frustration. But we love it. Every single bit of it.

We set aside time in our day, our lives, to spend time with the people in our imaginations. We nurture them, love them and then want to set them free to make their own way in the world of agents and publishers.

One day we hope readers fall in love with them like we have. Maybe our words will even inspire them to write as well.

So to help get our words out there we have the awesome query chat with Elana Johnson tomorrow. So join us at 9pm EST on the 28th of October.

P.S. No cats or queries were harmed in the making of this post.

6 comments:

Stina said...

ROFL. That second was me the other day. (Though my melt down was more realistic. Boy, that was bad acting). :D

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Wow. Watching that top one again, I realize I've seen it before but had no idea I was watching THE Jackson Pearce at the time. I love the way the agent and editor ARE busy when she comes in, but they drop everything to read her first few pages and sign her on the spot with a handshake. *dreamy sigh* It's so ideal. LOL.

Great bunch of vids. Thanks, Lindsay! I'm getting really excited about Elana's chat tomorrow!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

This was too much fun, Lindsay! Loved it!! :-)

Theresa Milstein said...

Great post! Who needs written words?

Elana is going to be awesome.

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Loved this post, Lindsay! I can't wait for tomorrow's chat!

Jessica

Lindsay said...

Yay, I'm happy I made everyone smile.

Looking forward to the chat. :)