Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dealing with Random Mind Clutter

Today I have been dealing with random mind clutter. There are SO many things I'm supposed to be doing, that my brain shuts down and tends to do nothing. It makes me feel a bit like this. 



Between:

Financial Bookwork
Blog Post
The book I'm supposed to be writing
Adoption homestudy stuff
Kids activities
Multiple appointments I need to make
Shopping I need to do
House cleaning
Laundry
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

And all the while, I have background music playing in my head. Today, I have this selection:


So how do I get anything done?? 

Make a list.
Pick one thing. 

And this blog post was one of the things on my list. :) 

Now, off to do some writing...




4 comments:

Laura Hughes, MittensMorgul said...

Sounds about right for a Tuesday. I have a similar list, but my looped mental soundtrack has been "Man of Constant Sorrow." I need my brain to pick something more cheerful. Good luck! :D

Kenda Turner said...

The picture of the deer caught my attention! Good luck on getting all those things done...

Carmen said...

Ha! LOVE the picture.

And I feel EXACTLY the same way!

Marcia said...

Your second sentence says it all.