Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNo-Go!



If you're like me and forgot yesterday to start a regimented 1700-words-per-day habit for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), it's okay.

Start on Day 2. Or even Day 3, if Saturday is your favorite. It's okay to do NaNoWriMo halfway, in circles, or upside down.

Many writers use NaNo to increase their writing productivity without actually following all the rules (new project, begin November 1st, write at least 50k words by the end of the month). Some do NaNoReMo and work on revising a book they've already written.

That's what I'm doing.

Do you NaNo?

Ready, set, go!


p.s. After November, you may want to let your newly finished "literary abandon" sit for a bit through Christmas before tackling revisions in January. That's why Operation Awesome is busy putting together a helpful New Year's Revisions Conference here on our blog. It'll be completely free and completely online. Save the date: January 4-6, 2013.

2 comments:

JeffO said...

I will be NaNoReviMoing this year, as my Next Idea isn't ready to be written yet.

Laura Hughes, MittensMorgul said...

I'm NaNoing, but I'm finishing a novel I'm half way through writing! :D I haven't had time to write in November yet, and won't until at least Sunday, but it's good to have the support of all the other Nanoers when I'm ready to get started!