Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fall Excitement


What am I looking forward to this fall? Yes, I love the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks (and the pumpkin glazed scones too) - but that's not it.  
 
 It could be that I'm counting down the days until we can go a week without it being 100 degrees every day (yes, I live in Arizona).
 
That's not it either.
 
This fall, I'm looking forward to this:
 


 


 

 

And this…

 

 

 


The return of my two favorite shows: Bones & Castle - both of which are on their last leg. 
 

Booth & Brennan are together now (and have a baby) and the story arcs are beginning to flounder. Castle jumped the shark a while back too, but I keep watching because, well, it's Nathan Fillion, and I would watch him recite the phonebook.

Even though these shows are not what they used to be, I continue to watch for one thing: the writing -  smart, witty and intriguing. All these things keep me coming back for more. When I'm writing dialogue or thinking about characterization, I constantly go back to Bones & Castle to see how it's done.
 
And building a mystery to be solved in an hour? Both shows  are still A+ in this regard.
 
So as the air begins to cool, and the leaves start to turn, I'll settle in and watch these two favorites. When they're off the air, I'm sure I'll look for replacements to help me write. But if I can't find anything good, I'll do what I always do, flip the channels and pray a rerun is on!

1 comment:

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Yay for fall!!! I don't watch much TV anymore, but am definitely excited for a change in season. Sadly, it doesn't start cooling off here until like the end of OCTOBER. (UGH.) But I *love* fall candles and making warmer meals (like stew) and of course there are quite a few YA movies coming out this fall so yay for that, too! :)