Saturday, October 19, 2013

Are You NaNoing?

I haven't participated in NaNoWriMo since 2009. And when I did participate, I failed. Big time. But I tried to pants the whole thing and all I accomplished was getting totally stuck.

This year I have a solid outline and no excuses for not getting it done. Except for time, but I can work that out. I don't need sleep, right? ;) Mostly, I'm just hoping it will give me the extra push I need to finish this stupid first draft. I hate drafting. Revisions are my happy place. :)

So, who's participating this year? If you want to add me as a buddy, my profile is here. Or leave your username in the comments and I'll track you down.

Also, if you're participating, you might be interested in this post with my Words Per Day tracking spreadsheet. And I'll be creating a new spreadsheet specifically for NaNo and posting it here on November 2nd, so if you're interested in that, be sure to check back.

Good luck with all your NaNo adventures! :)

7 comments:

1000th.monkey said...

I'm NaNo-ing (year #9 for me, jadeharpy on the forums), but I usually only commit to a half-NaNo. I've proved I can win the full 50,000 word goal, but as I'm more serious about writing now, I value quality over quantity :)

Happy writing!

Abby Annis said...

A half-NaNo is probably more realistic for me too. My problem is I get too hung up on the quality and it takes me forever to finish. Then I end up rewriting half of it when I do revisions. Not very productive.

Best of luck with your goal! :)

1000th.monkey said...

Good luck to you as well!

J Lenni Dorner said...

I'm in! I've done it before and I LOVE it! Buddy request sent- but just in case:

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/j-lenni-dorner/buddies

GSMarlene said...

I'm doing it, but not legitimately through the site. I'm aiming for 40k (MG book) which should complete the majority of the story and end up around 50k with my umpteen months of editing! Have fun and good luck with your goal!

Abby Annis said...

I added you too. Good luck with your goal! :)

Abby Annis said...

Thanks! Good luck to you too! :)