Friday, December 26, 2014

The 2015 Accountability Post

Happy Holidays, everyone! Whatever you're celebrating, I hope your year is winding down nicely and that you're getting some well-deserved relaxation.

So that said... is it too early to start talking about goals for 2015? ;)

While I am pretty good with self-set deadlines, I do work full time, and my days just seem to get fuller and fuller as I go on, and sometimes it's easy to shunt all my wordcount goals to the weekend. So I do find it useful to state my writing goals in a nice, public place. I wouldn't want to go back on my word, after all!

So while it's early, I'm setting my first goal of 2015: I plan to finish my current work in progress by mid-March. Sure, that leaves this notoriously slow-drafter three and a half months to finish a project that is not quite half-done yet. But it wouldn't be the first time I've surprised myself!

If you, like me, find it useful to shout your goals from the rooftops, then please do join me in the comments! What are some of your writing goals for 2015?

1 comment:

Angelica R. Jackson said...

That's about when I need to have my WIP finished, too! Let's check in with each other and keep on track.